Thursday, November 08, 2007

What are we talking about?

Is it possible that we American Christians so fooled into thinking that we need to judge our behavior against others and not against Scripture? I attended a meeting that it seemed that we needed to forgive our teens stuff because they aren't as bad as the other kids. I am all about forgiveness...this is not the point. But are we so immature as adult Christians as to think we should be OK with teens that mess up because at least it is not as bad as them! I think not. I know teens will mess up, hey we do as adults all the time but we cannot become Pharisitical. That is to judge our actions and deeds according to the holiness richter scale. Is this what Jesus fought hard to illustrate? We are not supposed to just measure up to these outward standards in order to be OK. If I interpret my actions in accordance to what others do, I fail all the time and neglect the working of the Holy Spirit. My soul must be clean by remaining in continued relationship to God. It is about my actions being guided by God. If I only rely on the standards set by the world...I am not representing God or CHRISTianity. 1 Jn. 2:3-11: If you really know me, you'll obey my commands....my Word...and walk as Jesus walked...by loving your brother. All our actions are based against this.

Hey, just a thought.

No comments:


where I dream...